Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hatteras Lighthouse


The technique I used was watercoloring using distress inks.  I stamped the lighthouse image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock.  Then I colored the image with copic markers before layering different colors of distress inks on the background.  I then spritzed the image with water so the colors blended together.  I added more distress ink on top over the sun so it would be more vibrant. 

After the distress ink dried I glued it to a white mat that I had cut a semi-circle out of using a spellbinders die.  I glued the white and water-colored layers together and cut them using a spellbinders curved matting die. 

The scallop was created using a Spellbinders Picot Circles die.  I cut out the center out of the picot circle with another Spellbinders circle die so just the picot edge remained.  I then glued this delicate edge around the image on top of the white cardstock layer.  I finished the card by layering the main image on top of pink and grey mats also cut also from the Spellbinders Curved Matting set and then used a Stampin' Up corner rounder punch on two of the card edges. 

Supplies
Impression Obsession "Hatteras with Boat" stamp (F1175)
Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Basics B die
Spellbinders Picot Circles die
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

No comments: