Friday, August 15, 2014

Classy Cards Butterfly Wishes

I loved this Memory Box Kensington Branch die as soon as I saw it but once I got it I really wasn't sure how to use it.  Now that I've played a bit I think it can be used on almost anything (in place of flourishes, just using the butterflies, as a tree, etc.).



To create this card I cut the die three times to get extra butterflies and flowers. Two of the butterflies were triple cut and one is double cut.  I sprayed the red the flowers and butterflies with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Cranberry Zing.  Then I dipped the butterfly edges back into the extra spray on my craft mat so they'd be darker.  If you look closely the butterflies have a mottled color because some of the white card stock shows through the center where the spray was thinner.

The Spellbinders Labels Four die was used for the sentiment which is from Justrite.  The label was popped up with Joy Foam Pads. Distress ink was sponged around the edges of the sentiment using the die as a stencil.

The branches and bottom butterfly were colored with copics.  To finish off the butterflies I used stickles on the edges of each layer.  When I glued the branch to the card base I didn't add glue to the leaves and then after the branch was glued in place I pulled up the leaves. Here's a more detailed view.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Spellbinders Labels Four

2 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous die branch and butterflies! Love the dimension and color, so pretty!

Graciellie Design said...

This card looks so lovely Jen! Great, great job!