Thursday, August 21, 2014

Classy Cards It's Your Day

Hello!  This card came together much differently than I'd envisioned but I always seem to be drawn to pinks and greens and this was the result.


I cut the Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle out of white card stock and sponged with pink distress ink.  The main white circle was cut from a Spellbinders Classic Circles Large die after I'd glued the Memory Box Fresh Foliage and Tall Chloe Stem die cuts to it.  Rolling everything through my Big Shot made the die cuts almost look like pressed flowers.

I cut a third Tall Chloe Stem and added it on top to add more dimension.  I didn't glue down the tops of the top flower to the card stock so it would pop off the page.  The Tall Chloe Stems were colored with pink distress ink and covered with clear glitter glue.  I also added pink flat-back pearls to the flowers for a little extra interest.

The sentiment is from a Flourishes stamp set and was cut out with a punch.  I used Joy! Foam Pad's to adhere it to the Memory Box label die cut which was also colored with distress ink.  The butterfly was cut from a piece of pink scrap paper.  I colored the ends darker with a Distress Ink Marker, added Stickles to the wings and attached it to the card with Joy! Foam Pads.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Challenges Entered
Crafty Girls Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments  Spring
Scrapbooker PhD Three die cuts & sparkle
Aloha Friday #30 In the Garden

5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Just beautiful, Jen. I love your color combo.

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Wow, Jen! This is such a beautiful card! I love the lacy look of both the butterfly and the circle. The flowers look like they're popping right off the card. Really well done! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbooker PhD this week! Hugs, Cathy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous time of the year. Beautiful card . Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Teresa said...

Love this - thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenge, good luck xx

Unknown said...

This is such a stunning card. Every detail just adds depth and texture. The color combination is really fantastic. I seriously need to take a screen capture of this because it is a huge inspiration. Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD this month.