Monday, August 4, 2014

Classy Cards Butterfly Blues

Good morning!  Sometimes you just need a quick card.  I was inspired by the Classy Cards challenge It's Okay to be Negative.   I tend to use flowers on almost all my cards but as soon as I saw the challenge I thought of butterflies.


I used a wash of Twinkling H20's on the background.  The entire card shimmers!  After the card dried I flicked extra paint off the end of my paintbrush to get a paint-splatter effect.

The butterfly was cut using the Memory Box Swirl Butterfly die.  I trimmed the top layer 1/2 inch smaller than the A2 card base but did it after I'd painted and cut the butterfly to make sure I liked the way the butterfly was centered.  I also used my paintbrush to flick clear glossy accents across the top of the card. There are patches of clear dimensional shimmer which makes it look almost wet in spots.

Last, I glued the butterfly into position before popping up the top layer around and over her. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies

Challenges Entered
CAS on Sunday Butterflies
Butterfly Challenge Summer
Time Out Challenges Butterflies
Crafting from the heart Anything Goes

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love the techniques you have used on this card. I enlarged the picture and can clearly see the shimmer and the splatter of glossy accents. A fab entry . Thankyou for fluttering by . Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

sandie said...

fabulous water colour wash and so fabulous that it shines. Great use of negative space. Thanks for joing us at TIME OUT challenges.

Cara said...

Oh my. What a cool card! I love the bright cheerful colors and the butterfly is awesome! Thank you for sharing this with us on Mrs. A's butterfly Challenge! (Hugs) Cara

wannabcre8tive said...

Jen, your card is so pretty and cheerful. I love the colors you chose to showcase your butterfly.

Gerrina said...

Original card! Love the grunge-style combined with the round forms! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Nonni said...

Very unique, artsy card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

caroline said...

Love your card and the simplicity of it, love the blues and butterfly, thank you for joining us at crafting from the heart, good luck
Caroline dt

anja curvers said...

Very pretty nice colors and love that negative space. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.