Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CBD Vintage Butterfly

Hi!  This is my card for Crafting By Designs Vintage/Shabby Chic Challenge this week.  Come on over and join in the fun.  I can't wait to see what you create, I usually have a tough time with vintage designs and could really use the inspiration!


I used Impression Obsession's Cover-a-Card stamp for the background with two colors of distress ink.  The lacey frame is the Japanese Lace die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  The flowers were cut from a Spellbinders die and colored with distress ink before rolling with a quilling tool.  The leaves are from a Cottage Cutz die and were colored with Copics.  The brown flower is a lollipop cutie fringe die from Cheery Lynn.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the butterfly is from Memory Box.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Challenges Entered
Butterfly Challenge Summertime Butterflies
Simply Create Too Vintage
Milk Coffee Challenge 2 or More Diecuts
Lunagirl Moonbeams - Victorian Flowers

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You have captured vintage perfectly with your lovely design. Your flowers are beautifully made and I love the butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge . Hugs mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Cara said...

What a lovely card Jen - I always loved that sentiment you used. It;s perfect with that delicate butterfly! Thanks for playing along with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge! (Hugs)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty and I love that delicate butterfly! Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too! I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful vintage card with gorgeous elements and design. Thanks for joining us for the Simply Create Too Challenge!

Andreja said...

Lovely card you made! Good luck and thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee challenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Debbie said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love all the colors you used! Talk about wonderful inspiration!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Jen: Beautiful butterfly card! Thank you for entering our Simply Create Too "Old/Vintage Challenge #67", and hope you come back this Friday, 15 August, for our new challenge.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Karen Lunagirl said...

Beautiful card! I love the vintage look and the wonderful pink/coral color. I like your quote too! Thanks for entering both pieces in my Victorian Flowers & Fans challenge! ~ Karen