Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Classy Cards Rose Love

Hi!  I'm back  with a card for the latest Classy Cards 'n Such challenge Shabby Chic Heart.  Do your craft supplies ever disappear when you want to make something specific?  Lately I've been having that problem.  I really would have liked to use my Spellbinders Scalloped Heart die but it seems to have vanished just when I needed it.  


I substituted another heart die and this is the result.  If you need a quick card this was pretty simple to create but looks more complex.  I cut and colored my heart dies with Distress Ink.  I embossed the smaller heart with a dotted embossing folder for a little texture.  The Cheery Lynn word die was also colored with distress ink and glued to the top heart.  For dimension, I used Joy Foam Pads to connect the two hearts.

The pretty background paper is from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea stack and was glued to green card stock and then onto a white A2 card.

The delicate Rambling Rose die is from Tattered Lace.  I cut it twice.  The first one was colored green with Peeled Paint Distress ink and a Mini Ink Blending tool.  The second layer was also colored with a Blending Tool and distress inks.  I cut the leaves off the pink layer and then adhered them to the leaves with Joy Foam Pads.  These little dimensional squares are the perfect size for small die cuts and makes things so easy.

Last I added little white pearls around the heart for additional visual interest.   Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join the new challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such Blog.

Supplies

No comments: