Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Classy Cards Thanks Bee

Hello!  Thanks for joining me today as I share my new Classy Cards 'n Such card.  Check out the inspiration photo for the Bee Happy challenge, it's beautiful! You can even link up your challenge card at the end of my post below.  The bees gave me the perfect opportunity to use my Busy as a Bee Memory Box Open Studio die set. If you place an order at Classy Cards 'n Such you can save 10% by using coupon JENNY-10.  


I started this card by cutting the honeycomb and bee in black with the Memory Box Busy as a Bee die.  Looking though my design papers and realized I don't have much purple but I thought this paper would compliment purple flowers.

I cut the Memory Box Honey Blossom Sprig flower twice. I colored the first die cut, glued it and then cut only the flower heads from the second flowers.  The second flowers were cut with another design paper from my stash.  The flower heads were adhered with Joy Foam Pads and I glued pearls to the centers.

The composition needed something more so I found this Impression Obsession Rectangle 6 in 1 Frame in my scraps bucket, popped it up with Joy Foam Pads too, and then cut the Thanks word from another stash die.  The thanks word font matches the font in the Impression Obsession Greeting Set currently in stock.  It was cut with a creamy yellow card stock that matched the bee backing paper.

To finish, I layered the designer paper on white card stock that I colored with distress inks and then onto a base of Kraft card stock before adhering it to an A2 card.

Thanks for visiting!

Classy Cards Supplies



1 comment:

Karen Steele said...

This is beautiful Jenny - I love the flowers, the bees and the honeycomb together :-)