Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Classy Cards Wedding Cake

I'm sharing a new card today for the new June Wedding Challenge going on this week at Classy Card's 'n Such.  The inspiration photo was gorgeous and I toyed with the idea of making a garden scene but my desire to use this Impression Obsession Wedding Cake die won out. I love the little cake topper couple and the fun decorating bits.

I began by cutting the cake out of Curious Metallic paper.  It has a subtle sheen and it may be difficult to see in the photo but this paper can turn a simple card into an elegant one.

I glued the little details that came with the cake, cutting the edges of the scallops so they fit on the bottom cake layer.  They were sponged with spun sugar distress ink and my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I pieced in some of the pink centers of the icing. I also used my blending tool to color the center of the rectangle frame behind the cake.

The cake was adhered with Joy Foam Pads to the beautiful Joy Crafts Rectangle frame which was also cut with Curious Metallic paper.  The rectangle is layered on top of a piece of patterned paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper Pad.  The subtle design paper was backed with pink card stock and then a Curious Metalic A2 card base.

I added a bit of silver twine, baby pink pearls and some super-tiny pearls from my stash to add a little glamour.  Thanks for looking and don't forget there's still time to join in this week's June Wedding challenge!

Supplies

No comments: