Monday, January 16, 2017

Cheery Lynn Rome


Hi friends!  I'm back to share card I made using a few Cheery Lynn travel dies.  I don't often scrapbook but these dies would make an awesome layout.  I knew I would use these three dies and combine them with a map or vintage paper background but the additional textures and mixed media elements evolved as I worked.


I picked up the piece of corrugated cardboard (that my daughter had left from opening a box) and thought it would create an interesting element on the card.  I colored it with distress ink and glued it to the card front. I also added a crackle glaze to the Italy die and Frantage embossing powder to the Colosseum and World Atlas dies.


I always ike adding a bit of glitz to cards whether it's in the form of rhinestones or glitter so I dabbed a bit of Gold texture paste to the edges of the patterned card stock.  I used a piece of the blue-gray background card stock to also back the World Atlas.  It helped to tie the color more into the piece and made the globe stand out better against the background which was a similar color to the embossing powder.

Cheery Lynn Dies

I hope you enjoyed my attempt at Mixed Media and thanks for stopping by today! 
Hugs, Jenny

Challenges Entered
House of Cards Add a building/Color
Creative Moments Anything Goes

4 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning design what fab embellishments love and hugs Carole x

Marjeta said...

This is fantastic. Perfect us of dies. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moment Challenge.

Marjeta

Shawna said...

Wow, wow, and wow.... This is absolutely amazing!! Your use of die cuts, texture, and color is nothing short of extraordinary. It takes a true artist to do multimedia this well.. Did I say wow? If not here it again, WOW! Thank you so much for joining at House of Cards. It has been a pleasure to see your work.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House Of Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)