Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Cheery Lynn Blue & Gold


Hi crafty friends!  It's Jenny here today sharing a centerpiece project I made using Cheery Lynn dies. All of my school-aged children are in scouting and the big cub scout anniversary dinner blue & gold is typically held around February in our pack.  I am helping out this year by creating centerpieces.  


The theme of this year's dinner is Western and I thought the new Mandela Doily die looked similar to designs I've seen on bandanas.  These centerpieces are essentially card toppers or simple lollipop cards.  I taped skewers to the backs of each and then finished the backs by gluing another piece of card stock, sandwiching the skewer in the middle.  I added sand to the bottoms of mason jars so the skewers would stay positioned in the direction I wanted. 


Before assembling, I used a makeup sponge and distress ink to age the edges with a little ink.  The distressing helped tie the blue and gold colors with the western theme.  After I adhered the skewers to the stars, I thought they'd be great done in pink for a girl's birthday and could double as wands.  

Cheery Lynn Dies

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning what fabulous colours love and hugs Carole x